What you can do with Ring iOS SDK
- The SDK enables you to develop your own iOS app using a Ring device.
- With the SDK, you can :
- Register gestures which can be recognized by your app.
- Receive the result of the gesture recognition.
- Receive the movement of the Ring device in either Quaternion or Coordinate format.
- Receive the tap event from the touch sensor on the Ring device.
- Obtain the UIImage object which represents the path of a gesture.
- Run your app in the background.
Features of Ring device
- Ring device has a touch sensor. You can receive tap and long tap events from the sensor.
- Ring device also has motion sensors. The SDK enables you to receive either gestures or movement of a Ring device.
- Data and events you can receive from a Ring device will change depending on its mode. For more details, see About Modes.
About the Official Ring App
- The SDK communicates with the Official Ring App. The app manages connections between your iOS device and Ring device.
- If you have a connection trouble, check if the Official Ring App can recognize your gestures.
- Download and install the app to your iOS device before using the SDK.
the SDK Package
The package contains following files.
- Pointer, PointerSwift
- The sample app using X and Y coordinate.
- Presentation, PresentationSwift
- The sample app to control a PDF presentation with gesture recognition.
- There are some header files in CoreRing.framework/Headers/ . Functions and constants which you can use with SDK are defined these header files.
- Enables all features of the SDK.
- Defines constants and structures.
- The function which convert a gesture path into an image is defined in the CRCommon class.
- Defines CRApplication class. The SDK is designed to work via this class.